windows 10 install eror

nima111
nima111 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

when I want to install wnidow 10 on my acer f5-573g lap top recive this eror "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has an MBR partition table. on EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks."

How can I solve that ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,433 Trailblazer

Turn power off. Cold boot your machine. At the ACER logo splashscreen, press F2 to enter the BIOS menu. Go to the BOOT dropdown menu. Change the UEFI mode to Legacy mode. Press F10 to save and exit. Then try to re-install Win10. BUT BEFORE YOU DO ALL THIS, I SUGGEST THAT YOU BACK UP YOUR SYSTEM FIRST!!!!   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nima111

i do that but i get that eror again

• JackE

What Win10 version? Where did you get the installation media? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• varlar
    varlar Member Posts: 3 New User

two methods, you can fix this problem.

1. boot into BIOS. Change UEFI boot mode to Legacy mode.

2. convert hard drive to GPT. If your hard drive has no valuable data, you can use diskpart.exe to convert MBR to GPT.

• press Shift+F10 at Windows install screen.
    • type diskpart
    • type list disk
    • type select disk 0
    • clean
    • convert gpt
    • then back to install Windows

If your hard drive do have data, you can also convert MBR to GPT without data loss.

• nima111

i did the frist metod but didn`t work and i cant fromat my hard. data in so important.

• JackE

>>>i did the frist metod but didn`t work >>>

If you got the same error message as in UEFI mode, then either there's something wrong with your Win10 installation drive/media --- or --- the BIOS legacy mode setting wasn't properly saved. The installation media must boot in legacy mode to work for an MBR partitioned HDD. So re-check the BIOS setting and save it again. And make double-sure it has been saved. Then retry the installation. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ