Acer Predator 17 Screen Gone Black And Won't Turn Off

FawazAlmutawa95
FawazAlmutawa95 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello, 

After a certain time of using my PC, the screen suddenly becomes black (as if it shut down) but everything is still running. (If i'm playing a game I can still hear the game and my movement) and fans and everything is still on. 

I have to force shut down by holding the power button and turn it on again, then turn it force off again then one more time on again till it works and can see a display again. (force shut it down twice). 

Can someone please tell me what the issue could be from please? Keep in mind this started happening (as far as I remember) after the new Nvidia graphics driver update (2 new updates, 1 before 2 weeks and a new update few days ago). 

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,087 Trailblazer

Hi,

What is the actual model number of your laptop? You could try going to Acer Support site, download the original driver came with the laptop and install it.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

I would agree, that it could be a driver error for e.g. from Nvidia. But here I really would take the current one from Nvidia. Ok, sometimes they also can cause such things, but I think the current one is stable.

• Demona
    Demona Member Posts: 4 New User

Flip your laptop over.. next to the SNID number plate is a small pin hole with a hard to see battery pic next to it.. Get a needle and push it in the pin hole WHILE you hold the power button on your laptop. once the computer shuts down remove the needle and restart your computer by power button.

This is how acer had me fix my sons laptop when it done the same thing

• DamnDalliluz
    DamnDalliluz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Demona said:

Flip your laptop over.. next to the SNID number plate is a small pin hole with a hard to see battery pic next to it.. Get a needle and push it in the pin hole WHILE you hold the power button on your laptop. once the computer shuts down remove the needle and restart your computer by power button.

This is how acer had me fix my sons laptop when it done the same thing

Thank you so much, my laptop was black with the power button and the charging button on, but he wont respond. I grabed the pin of an LED, but struggled to find the actual button in the hole. I got it with a needle, its actually a tiny button you hear a klicking noise when pushing it.