How to format and reinstall the inbuilt Wiindows 10 on Laptop Spin SP513-51

AcerIthan
AcerIthan Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

The storeman said that I don't need a Windows 10 installation disc as the OS is inbuilt on this laptop Acer Spin SP513 and I can format and install Windows 10 from the laptop's reserved disk for Windows 10.

If I format via Windows 10, how do I install Windows 10 and won't it ask for a product key number?

Thanks so much in advance for some easy steps to follow.

Cheers,

Ithan

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

windows 10 product key is stored on BIOS, so you don't need it, it will be read by windows installation automatically.

to re-install windows 10 - factory reset, you can use Acer care center or pressing Alt+F10 keys at boot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • AcerIthan
    Thanks ironFly..????

Does that also do a clean format?

Does that method also get rid of bloatware or do they all get loaded back in?
  • dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Theres an option on cleaning everything and refresh installing your Windows system or you want to keep your files.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

each of the options, will reload the factory installed OS, so with all the bloatware.

you need to download a Vanilla windows 10 installation media, to have a clean system, product key will work too.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• AcerIthan
    Thanks..vanilla installation is exactly what I want... . I'll try that. So how does it pick up the product key from my laptop. Hope it won't ask me to enter it as I don't know what it is.
  • dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

As long as you use the link that Ironfly has posted, you should be fine because microsoft copies the key into the installation media and it goes automaticly in the installation

• IronFly

AcerIthan wrote:
    Thanks..vanilla installation is exactly what I want... . I'll try that. So how does it pick up the product key from my laptop. Hope it won't ask me to enter it as I don't know what it is.

if it will ask for a product key, simply skip that step and at first connection it will authenticate automatically from desktop

• AcerIthan
    Perfect. Thanks so much for the info.