Windows 7 installation on new HDD, Aspire M3802

NunoHenriques
NunoHenriques Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Problems installing Windows 7 on new hdd.

Few months ago Windows started showing SMART alerts about my hdd, i have check the disk and it found many bad sectors, i kept using the hdd with no problem, 1 or 2 bsod per month on first boot nothing special.
But now it´s getting worst, many freezes when using browsers, websites stuck at waiting for cache, black image when using tv card, copying data to external hdd very very slow, and pc freezing after waking up from sleep mode (restarts needed).
So i bought a new hdd with same size and first thing i did was trying to clone the old hdd, partition or system, but all failed. (some drivers error)
Clean install was the only option, so i tried to download windows from microsoft using the product key that came with pc but the product key was invalid, i ask my cousin his windows 7 home premium 64bits disk, i have 3 acer recovery dvds but i think they are useless for new hdd.

Got an error during the windows 7 installation,

"Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware."

Some google search and i found the mboose trick and the windows was installed (maybe this is the cause of all problems)

After the windows installation i tried to install the graphics drivers, windows says it cannot install unsigned drivers, some search and i found something about disabling "Signed Driver Utility", and after disabling it the drivers are installed with no error, after restart the pc it shows some errors,

(load vender.dll fail fail to load dlls. please install VGA driver and other error about MOM)

Ive checked Device Manager and the graphics card has a yellow triangle but the driver was installed, below has a text saying something about windows not loading unsigned driver,

same thing happened when installing drivers of my tv card, yellow triangle, same text, for some reason windows are blocking the drivers from loading even after disabling the signed driver utility.

Got other problems,

Can´t use windows update, when searching for updates shows an error,

"windows update cannot currently check for update, because the service is not running, you may need to restart your computer"

Shows same error after restarting computer, search on google and found some tricks, stopping and starting services, deleting the wu folder, and other tricks but none worked.

Windows Troubleshooting also has a problem, when i try to use troubleshooting it says it could not be open because of some error, maybe the same reason of windows update.

Some search and i found it could be because of Intel Drivers, i tried to install Intel Drivers and it requires .net framework 4.5...
I tried to install net framework 4.5 many times but the install fails because of some error, tried offline install and shows same error.

Im stuck with this neardead hdd.

Maybe im missing some driver to make windows work with no problem with the new hdd...

PC Acer Aspire M3802

Board: Acer EG43M
CPU: Quad Q9300
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 200
RAM: 6GB
HDD old: WD10 EADS-22M2B0 1TB
HDD new: ST1000DM 010-2EP102 1TB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits