Acer Aspire V5-591G SSD M.2 upgrade choices?

2»

Answers

• LJS
    LJS Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Someone please help!!
  • There was only one user who said that this model supports nvme. However, he provided no evidence of this. I believe it supports only sata 3.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LJS said:
    Someone please help!!
    I have seen other users installed a M.2 NVMe SSD in this model, so I think you could try a M.2 NVMe SSD, I am not sure that HWiNFO64 is helpful for your model.
    Acer Aspire V5-591G Performance Results - UserBenchmark
  • LJS

Tinkerer

Thanks guys! 
    @egydiocoelho
    Yes, the user has not given evidence.
     I was hoping maybe you could provide insight on what to check in HWinfo64... or make some sense of my HWinfo64 output.

@brummyfan2
    I ran userbenchmark test from that webpage and got this:
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37550484 

Now, it says "Benchmarks: Missing SSD"
    and in boot drive mentions "moving the system to SSD will yield faster boot times, etc. "
    What it unfortunately hides is can it be an M.2 SSD or am I stuck with 2.5" SATA SSD
    If I have to replace the HDD, I need to buy an expensive 2.5" SATA SSD
    If I add an M.2 SSD, then I retain the HDD to keep as a storage for my pics and other files.

Nevertheless, thanks to both of you for your inputs, and please tell me based on HWinfo64 if I can buy the M.2 SSD.
    When I look at prices, M.2 GB provides a good Price/GB as compared to 128 and 500 GB.
    1TB/ 1000GB is too expensive for me at this moment, and anyway, this laptop is like 5 years old already - may die and I will be stuck with a M.2.

Thanks again and I hope to end this Win10+HDD misery with advice from you guys soon.
    TC,
    LJS

• Hi,
    You can buy a M.2 SATA SSD and install it, transfer the OS to it and use current HDD for your storage.
  • LJS

Tinkerer

Thanks @brummyfan2 will go for M.2 from Crucial/Adata.
  • miskomisko
    miskomisko Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2021
    i have model Acer Aspire V5-591G and i have found out important information for others:
    - my hwinfo shows 4x nvme. but always blue screen after installing nvidia driver. after looking for information why i found out when i disable nvidia graphics i can use full nvme 4x speeds because they use the same 2 lanes. so it seems if you want to use nvidia graphics and nvme you have to use 2x speed nvme, and if you dont mind to disable nvidia graphics you can use full 4x speed of nvme... tested on 2 4x nvmes drives, i dont have 2x nvme now
  • H3sam
    H3sam Member Posts: 2 New User
    kushwavez said:
    It's a little bit late I know but for anyone watching this: I have NVMe SSD (KINGSTON A2000) installed & working on my Acer Aspire V5-591G-55TU. Read speed is about 2000 MB/s with this specific card, at HWinfo64 I see the port with PCI-E x4, drive detected as PCI-e SSD
    Hi  im did buy a ssd m2 im install windows did all think well but after im install geforce graffic driver laptop crashes and fails im did change 3time windows every time im try to install GT950M after complete laptop windows crashed have no idea what to do help me pls
  • H3sam
    H3sam Member Posts: 2 New User
    H3sam said:
    Hi  im did buy a ssd m2 im install windows did all think well but after im install geforce graffic driver laptop crashes and fails im did change 3time windows every time im try to install GT950M after complete laptop windows crashed have no idea what to do help me pls

Im take away wifi m2 slot make space for ssd m2 may that work but still dont know maybe changeing bios to backward  will help
  • @H3samI suggest you ask a new question.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    H3sam,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• H4KUO
    H4KUO Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi. For everyone thinking about upgrading your Acer V5-591g with a Nvme pcie 3.0 x4, here is my experience.

I'm running Windows 10 on the Pny CS3030 in Bus link width x4 and I get an average "As SSD" benchmark reading of r/w 1500 mb/s. So its probably throttled but still better than SATA SSD.
    I used to get Bluescreens all the times, but I kinda managed to fix that.
    I've heard some users claim, that using a nvme ssd x4 on the acer v5-591g forces some kind of shared lane with the gpu 950m, which would cause Bluescreens as soon as the nvidia gpu drivers are installed. I don't know about that, but its true that the bluescreens stopped for me, when I deaktivated the Nvidia GPU in device manager.

=) But now, I've found a much better solution. Running the program GPU-Z for some reason prevents the BSOD in my system. I have no Idea why though o_O. I can use the Nvidia GPU now, and I think its not even throttled or anything. As soon as I close GPU-Z, my system crashes in a few seconds.

I used to enter the Advanced Bios options and tried to tweak the Pcie/PEG settings to get some kinda result, but sadly to no avail. Disabling Wifi + Ethernet Root port didn't do anything.
    Running The GPU in x4 link width delayed the BSOD but not for that much longer.
    I'm sure that some kinda Bios Pcie/PEG tweak could fix the issue, but I'm happy enough with the GPU-Z fix :)
     I really hope this still helps. :D
  • Peter1230
    Peter1230 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have model Acer Aspire V5-591G and i have found out important information for others:
    - my hwinfo shows 4x nvme. but always blue screen after installing nvidia driver. after looking for information why i found out when i disable nvidia graphics i can use full nvme 4x speeds because they use the same 2 lanes. so it seems if you want to use nvidia graphics and nvme you have to use 2x speed nvme, and if you dont mind to disable nvidia graphics you can use full 4x speed of nvme... tested on 2 4x nvmes drives, i dont have 2x nvme now
    what do you mean with 4x and 2x how can find this information ?
  • Narvansa
    Narvansa Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello friends, finally after 2 months of intensive research on all websites I was able to install a third generation NVMe SSD in my laptop today. My laptop model is : acer aspire v15 v5-591g76r6 Last week I tried to install a fourth generation SSD on it but it didn't work. I ordered a third-generation 512GB NVMe SSD for 13 euros via AliExpress, which arrived today. Last week I also successfully installed two 16Gb DDR4 PC3200 RAM modules in my laptop. It is important to note that the use of third generation PCIe Express is significant for the SSD. With this generation you get a speed that is three times faster than a traditional SSD, which is very remarkable for this laptop. Below I send you some screenshots of tests I did. It should be noted that I updated the BIOS and installed the latest version of the drivers for the chipset and graphics card.