Project Acer Predator G6 (showing whats possible)

Levia
Levia Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives

My first gaming rig was a Acer Aspire Predator G7760. And i loved that piece of tech. So a few years later i got my self a G6. After a few months i checked some reviews and everyone complained about the same thing. The inside. So i informed me to change some stuff to prove that also factory pc´s also can look awesome with some work and love. Its boring anyway just to buy parts and put them together and say its my own crafted piece of tech. You can change almost any thing you want in a Predator G3 / G6.

After cutting some holes for cablemanagement, changing some parts and put some work in it its looks like this.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Good Job Levia!

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

What a beauty Smiley Happy Awesome job!!!

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Levia

20170518_225346.jpg

The finishing touches are done. Was a pain to get the cover between the psu and the drive holder. but the result talk for it self.

• a_ghou47
    a_ghou47 Member Posts: 1 New User

Great Job Levia. I was thinking of doing something like this for months. I'm going to use the same AIO watercooler for the CPU, but I also wanted to watercool my gpu, but my choices were limited since the only place to mount a radiator was the back, which can only fit 92mm. But I see that at the front bottom of the case where you've taken out the drive bays there's some sort of grill. Can you mount and fit a radiator there.

• Levia

I checked out the space for you its exactly 92x120. so you could only mount 92 :/

• daytech101
    daytech101 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

where are the power leads coming out of the graphics card going, they come out about 3" then just vanish. ???

• Levia

I dont understand what you mean exactly :/

• daytech101

Tinkerer

the power lead coming out of  your gpu, where does it go, it aims down, goes along 3 Inches then just disapears? how did you do cable management from the gpu alone?

• Levia

i´ve cut holes in the case with a milling

• daytech101

Tinkerer

so i take it you cut a hole in the bottom of the case and routed the power cable down, under and around the plastic shell of the case?

• Levia

If it would be that easy Smiley Very Happy The complete case is modded. I´ve cut a few holes and also added some sheets

• Levia
  • daytech101

Tinkerer

dude that is good work!, i am also modding my acer g6 and you have givven me the best way to do so, so thank you! was having problems figuring out cable management in this case!

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• Levia

No problem mate. Post some pictures of the finished work. Really interested to see ;D

• daytech101

Tinkerer

will do mate Smiley Very Happy

started working on a template for the new windowed side pannel fior the case, its only a template at the moment! but i will post the finnished product ont his post aswell for you mate!IMG_6871.JPGIMG_6870.JPG

• JazzyJazz
    JazzyJazz Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2018
    Hello,

I JOINED this forum JUST to comment on your work... FANTASTIC!!! I have ordered a G3-710 (DG.E04AA.002) and I would LOVE to see some diagrams for completing this mod on my machine.

I am also looking for a better COOLING solution? 

Finally, Is this POWER SUPPLY "cheap junk" and should I REPLACE it? I have seen several reposrts of RANDOM REBOOTS, etc.

Thank you for your time.
  • Levia
    Thanks for your comment. Youre probably lucky to hear im starting my project from scratch and try to do it even more better 😀