Acer Aspire 5560-7851 BIOS Chip

juricta1
juricta1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Acer Aspire 5560-785:

Does anyone know where I can get a new BIOS/CMOS chip?  I was in the process of upgrading my BIOS when the power went out BEFORE the update was complete.  now the system will not boot.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

What problem was the system exhibiting that a BIOS update was known to fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

You can buy them online and get it fixed by a technician from a local store as it needs soldering.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIOS-CHIP-ACER-ASPIRE-5560-5560G-/261053318243

• Member Posts: 7 New User

I am RE-ASKING this question.

I was in the process of upgrading my BIOS when the power went out BEFORE the update was complete.  now the system will not boot. It is stuck in the boot loop. If I hit F2 I quickly see Entering Setup but then the system reboots.  Can anyone tell me if this can be fixed?  When I went to Acer site it said my BIOS was out of date so I downloaded the latest BIOS, Ran it, then the power went out.  Any help is appreciated.  I did see the BIOS chip site but want to do that as a LAST result.

Thanks,

• JackE
    You can try two things. (1) Disconnect power, battery and open the laptop. Find the BIOS button cell, temporarily remove it and short out its mainboard contacts for a minute or two. It might re-set the BIOS chip to a default usable state. (2) Check if the firmware file you download has a Windows or DOS subdirectory with files. If it does, google "Phoenix Bios Recovery" with the quotes and follow the directions for flashing the BIOS on the bios mod site using the Fn+Esc coldboot method. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• drpouya
    drpouya Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello there thank you for your Answer JackE , i was updated my laptop bios that was 1.15 V to 1.09 . now my laptop turned off and not start up. i was formatted my flash memory 4GB to FAT32 and i was copied all files of DOC directory to that flash. and renamed a copy of JE50115.bin to JE50115.fd in that flash. next : i was run fn+Esc Method but my flash just one time Blinked and do nothing . what should i do?
  • JackE
    @drpouya Remove the battery and charger. Press and hold the power button for one minute. Then re-insert the battery and charger. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ