Drivers problem Aspire e5-573g

Options
DanteNevan
DanteNevan Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello.

After changing new hard disk,my Nvidia GPU driver won't work.When i'm trying to run something with Nvidia GPU the errors comes out, such as (blu screan with WATCHDOG VIOLATION, Tdr VIDEO INTERNAL ERROR, and e.t.c with (nvlddmkm.sys) file).I alredy reinstalled Windows (Windows 10 my OS), i installed all new drivers and nothing helps.

I have an Aspire e5-573g

CPU - Intel i7-5500 2.40GHz 2.40GHz

GPU - Intel HD Graphics 5500 , Nvidia GeForce 940m

RAM - 8 GB

Please help)

Waiting for answer.Thenks.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

If neither of the Acer e5-573g nvidia drivers (Win10 or Win8.1) downloaded from this site doesn't fix the problem---

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers  ---- then you must purchase the ACER eRecovery USB installation media for the Windows version (Win10 or Win8.1) that was originally on the machine from the factory. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

What media did you use to install the operating system? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DanteNevan
    Options
    USB drive .
  • JackE
    Options

I mean was it a backup or the Acer eRecovery USB that is  specific for your laptop's SNID? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DanteNevan
    Options
    Oh.No, I didn't have any backup.Just installed the windows at all.Thet can be a problem?
  • JackE
    Options

OK. But did you get the Windows 10 installation USB drive from the ACER online store? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DanteNevan
    Options
    No.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

If neither of the Acer e5-573g nvidia drivers (Win10 or Win8.1) downloaded from this site doesn't fix the problem---

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers  ---- then you must purchase the ACER eRecovery USB installation media for the Windows version (Win10 or Win8.1) that was originally on the machine from the factory. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• bpatters3309
    bpatters3309 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the ACER eRecovery USB installation media for Windows 8.1 that was originally on the machine from the factory and it doesn't work.  If I load Acer's driver for the 940M, the machine crashes and restarts until I uninstall anything to do with the driver.  Thoughts.../answers preferably?  Is this a known issue - the laptop's running fine on the Intel 5500 graphics but I bought the unit for its add-on card, too.