Acer Swift 7 SF713-51M9FS won't start on battery with more than 50% charged

Options
malakou
malakou Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Good evening,

I bought my Acer Swift 7 SF713-51M9FS 4 months ago. I like it but it shut down unexpectedly while the battery is still more than 50% charged.  I can't start it until i plug it, then it can reboot and i can see that the battery is half charged. 

Is this a known problem on this product or should I take it back to the store where I bought it ?

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• numaye
    numaye Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have same issue, any help?
  • Sharanji
    Options
    numaye said:
    i have same issue, any help?
    numaye
    Please Open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.

Also, check all the screws of the bottom case are secured correctly.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • swift7user
    swift7user Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, I've just encountered the same problem but the above suggestions do not resolve it. I tried resetting the battery, uninstalling the drivers and have checked that all the screws are secured correctly. On start, the battery charges for a few seconds and as soon as the whole system is booted, it stops (although it says it is plugged in, but not charging). Anyone help with any other suggestions? Any other driver/software upgrades? Bios upgrade? Thanks very much in advance!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @swift7user please start a new thread for your issue, this one is quite old, and you won't be able to mark your answer if you aren't the original poster.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.