Grainy Image from Aspire E5-575G Webcam

cyberbiker
cyberbiker Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Yesterday I Tested a video conference using Google Hangouts on Air for the first time on a new Aspire E5-575G. I was ashamed of the image quality from the webcam. It was as if someone took a 100 pixel image and expanded it to 600 pixels. There were no obstructions to the lens.

The laptop specs say "Webcam: HD Webcam (1280 x 720) supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR)." There seems to be no video software that came with the 575G other than a 2006 Microsoft driver 10.0.14393.82 dated 21Jun06, which the Acer Care Center software indicated was up to date.

The 77 page computer manual mentions webcam or camera four times with no discussion of settings, software or image quality.

The only discussion I have seen in this Acer Community has regarded Crystal Eye software that appears to be model specific and is not llisted under the 575G software & driver updates.

When I open the camera from the Start menu there are hardly any settings that can be adjusted.

Any suggestions on how to get a better image from this webcam?

Answers

• ASong
    ASong Member Posts: 1 New User

Same here! Tried to use on hangouts and skype and extremely poor quality for a brand new laptop that is "certified for skype business". I called support and they basically just told me that the camera is not the best and I will have to live with it. Real nice.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• cyberbiker
    cyberbiker Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

It seems that the way to improve the quality is to reduce the size of the image window.
  • saurabhsharma
    saurabhsharma Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem here as well.

No drivers available for HRD webcam on acer website.

Nothing on my drivers DVD as well.

If anybody has found a solution yet, please help me out.

• Motomachine
    Motomachine Member Posts: 1 New User

THERE IS A SOLUTION!

IF YOUR LAP IS RUNNING ON WIN 10 AND EXPERIENCING GRAINY IMAGE FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW:-

*OPEN CAMERA APP FROM THE START MENU

*CLICK ON THE SMALL SETTINGS ICON ON THE TOP RIGHT CORNER

at the end of the menu u will find an option referred as 'FLICKER REDUCTION'

*SELECT THE OPTION "disabled" OR SET IT TO "50 HZ"

i hope that this should wrk for u guys..... cuz it wrkd 4 me.....

• sark
    sark Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ok so I know this one is an old thread but I spent hours googling and uninstalling and resintalling old drivers yesterday, nothing worked. I did deep dives and nothing. Finally as a very last resort I tried resintalling windows (keeping all my files and programs) from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO
    and it worked, completely clear image. Hope this helps someone else as there is nothing out there that really confirms this is a decent fix.