New Bios for E5-575G

cyberbiker
cyberbiker Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
When I looked at the driver update section of the Acer Support website for the Aspire E5-575G, it said the latest BIOS came out on March 27, 2017 as noted below.

The update is not accomplished with routine Windows 10 updates or the Acer update software. Support at +1(866)661-7100 to ask them about the BIOS update and was told it was handled automatically during windows updates. When I told him I was certain that was not the case, he hung up on me.

What is the guidance on updating BIOS?

BIOS/Firmware (7)
Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.

BIOS
1. Update ME to 11.6.20.1221 for some sku
Date: 2017/03/27
Version: 1.25
Vendor: Acer
Size: 27.8 MB
Download

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

BIOS updates are different from Driver updates, if you have no issues at the moment, there's no need to update the BIOS but some would say the newer BIOS is better.

I would suggest the following method to update BIOS:

1.Prepare yourself with what to do if your laptop gets bricked while updating BIOS, get advice from Acer support centre near you, if you can.

2.Make sure the battery is fully charged, AC adapter connected throughout the process.

3.Make sure that you won't have any power failure in your area.

4.Download the BIOS from Acer, extract it to the Desktop.

5.Make sure there are no background process running, disconnect any printers or USB devices from laptop.

6.Open the extracted folder, read the readme text file.

7.Right click the .exe file and select "Run as admin".

8. Do not touch any keys, just leave it alone, when it finished flashing it will reboot.

I think I have covered most of the steps but wait for more experienced members' comments for additional information.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

BIOS updates are different from Driver updates, if you have no issues at the moment, there's no need to update the BIOS but some would say the newer BIOS is better.

I would suggest the following method to update BIOS:

1.Prepare yourself with what to do if your laptop gets bricked while updating BIOS, get advice from Acer support centre near you, if you can.

2.Make sure the battery is fully charged, AC adapter connected throughout the process.

3.Make sure that you won't have any power failure in your area.

4.Download the BIOS from Acer, extract it to the Desktop.

5.Make sure there are no background process running, disconnect any printers or USB devices from laptop.

6.Open the extracted folder, read the readme text file.

7.Right click the .exe file and select "Run as admin".

8. Do not touch any keys, just leave it alone, when it finished flashing it will reboot.

I think I have covered most of the steps but wait for more experienced members' comments for additional information.

• Romzik
    Romzik Member Posts: 2 New User
    What are the differences between the new bios and 1.18?