Acer aspire m3970

Options
Donny_Mizzu
Donny_Mizzu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

What is the maximum capacity of RAM for Aspire M3970? My current RAM is 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (2x4GB) and I want to max it to 16GB. Should I add another 2x4GB become 4x4GB or replace with 2x8GB? Is it support 8GB per slots? Thanks.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Yes, you need to add 2x4GB to make 4x4GB set up , sockets support maximum 4GB.

• Donny_Mizzu
    Donny_Mizzu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, I just bought 2 Pcs a new Desktop RAM and installed it on the slot 2 and 4 (dual channel). When I start the computer and after show WIndows Logo Screen, and it restarted again and shows Windows Error Recovery and option either to repair and start normally. When I ran the automatically repair, it keeps loading and after a few minutes, suddenly BSOB came out and shows error message: USBPORT.SYS, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

When i run in BIOS mode, the total RAM is 16XXX MB after I installed both RAMs. Can you help how to fix the problem? Most people are recommended to run by using memtest86, but I have never tried it.

Motherboard: Desktop Acer Aspire M3970.

Processor: 2nd Gen Intel Core i5-2320 @ 3.0 GHz

Current RAM:

Apacer 4GB DDR3 10600 CL9 (1333MHz) 8 Chips: 2 Pcs

Installed at Slot 1 (Blue slot) and Slot 3 (Blue slot)

New RAM:

Kingmax 4GB DDR3 10600 CL9 (1333MHz) 16 Chips: 2 Pcs

Installing at Slot 2 (Black slot) and Slot 4 (Black slot)

Your response is highly much appreciated.

Thanks.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Try checking those memory modules by installing one by one in different combinations, make sure they are inserted correctly, it looks like a hardware issue, if you can take it to a local repair shop and get it fixed.