Dolby audio keeps turning off when launching a game.

Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Is there any wat to prevent Dolby Audio from turning off? Its really annoying on my Predator 17X.

Things I did already:

I went to the "sound" option and unchecked "Allow applications to take exclusive control"

Googled it, and nothing found :/

Called Acer and they told me to contact Dolby but I havent gotten a responce

Disabled "Hey Siri" because that apparently fixed it for someone else

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anything else I can do that might help?? Practically all my games turn it off for no reason.....

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

I did a fresh install with this developer build of windows10 for testing as update is not possible. There is a newer Intel IO driver included which is newer than the one from Acer.

It has solved my BSOD problem with Killer Networking. Maybe it'll change some more problems?

• Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Oh you had to re install Windows in the BETA version? Id rather wait till the full version comes out.

And I'm guessing that you had the same issue on when the Wifi would disconnect all of a sudden :/

Fortunately I use Ethernet
  • Robitzik
    Robitzik Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Mikel, check out my fix on the link beststevie posted. I also have the predator 17X GX-792 and sound works perfectly since the fix. It should work without problems on yours aswell, just make sure you install everything correctly
  • daga89
    daga89 Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter

I have the Predator 17 G9-973 and the same problem with dolby, but the program thah robitzik mention (APO EQUALIZER) just fix all the problem, remember to open the editor and rize the master volume gain to 0db and leave the equalizer just as it is once installed. Cat Wink

• daga89
    daga89 Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter

Excelent

• SurajBharti
    SurajBharti Member Posts: 1 New User
    It didn't help. While using Premiere Pro Dolby gets off. What Should I do ?
  • aussiedreads
    aussiedreads Member Posts: 4 New User
    i think i fixed it... this works for me try it and please let me know if i works 4 u 
    https://youtu.be/bY_nXSNTRdQ
  • mkh
    mkh Member Posts: 2 New User
    For me this setting helps.. (G9 793)
    Sorry, only Ger language.

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Games & software that disable Dolby do so due to conflicts with the programs built in audio engines.

It is not advised to force enable this if a program disables it.

For example a video/audio software would want to use the built in audio engine to produce accurate/correct sounds and eliminate third party equalizers to create accurate sampling.
    - Hotel Hero