Predator G6-710 with Corsair H80i V2 Liquid cooling

MrBull
MrBull Member Posts: 19 New User
edited October 2023 in Predator Desktops

I have added a Corsair H80i V2 liquid cooling unit to my Predator G6-710.

Was it easy? NO.

How does it looks? Cool.

How does it Work? Amazing!

I have seen substantial temperature drops in the range of 12-20C.

If anyone has been considering doing a liquid cooled Predator then I suggest you do it.g6cooling.jpg

Answers

• 1baldbear
    1baldbear Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got the same setup and I am wondering how you hooked up your wires. Any pics on where you hooked them or suggestions would great
  • daytech101
    daytech101 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

You either had to cut a huge whole in the back of the pc so the cpu water block could fit through, or you dismantled the aio cooler to fit wires through smaller wholes, those are the only two options, how did you do that???

[inappropriate content removed]

• MrBull

You mean the electrical connections?

If so I used the CPU Fan connection and the corsair link I just ran back out to the rear panel.

• MrBull

20171016_110646.jpg20171016_110731.jpg

• meneedlowping
    meneedlowping Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/en/profile/MrBull">MrBull</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><p>I have added a Corsair H80i V2 liquid cooling unit to my Predator G6-710.</p><p>Was it easy? NO.</p><p>How does it looks? Cool.</p><p>How does it Work? Amazing!</p><p> </p><p>I have seen substantial temperature drops in the range of 12-20C.</p><p> </p><p><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    </span></p><p><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    </span></p><p><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Does opening the side panel on the desktop void warranty? and where would I connect a rear fan on this motherboard since the g3 710 doesn’t come with a rear fan? Tnx </span></p></div></blockquote>
  • PCMSTRACE1977
    PCMSTRACE1977 Member Posts: 2 New User
    ive got a 6600k in mine and i did the following

- replaced factory psu with a 400watt from bequiet!
    - replaced factory cpu-fan with a nanoxia deep silence 1400 rpm max
    - connected a 1000mm (yes 1 mr !!!) thermaltake pci-e riser cable to the pci-e 16x socket
    - put a gtx 980ti  outside the case on that cable with separate coolermaster psu

result = WHISPER quiet system even on high load , temps only get medium on cpu

very happy with pc now , i wasnt with the factory setup so u got to invest even more money to make it optimal , cost of going pre-built i guess :/
  • Madonnosacro
    Madonnosacro Member Posts: 2 New User
    you change the original acer back plate? where you found the screws?
This discussion has been closed.