Predator G1 Third HDD (2nd SSD)

Darkloki
Darkloki Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I'd like to add my Samsung 1TB SSD to this system I've opened it up but I'm confused on how to install it. I see the ports where I can screw them in but I don't see any extra SATA ports on the Motherboard... 

I don't have a problem with unplugging my Optical Drive to take the Optical Drive away and plug it into my 2nd SSD but is that SATA 3.0? And even if I did that I don't even have the faintest idea on how to get power to the drive... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Other then that I love the system and the 1080 that came with it Smiley Happy Paired with my Predator Gaming Monitor 27" this is a beast.... 

Answers

• Darkloki

Anyone? I can't be the only one with a G1 Predator... 

• Darkloki

This forum sucks, I get an email about a reply but it's my own reply. What a worthless forum....  3000+ views though so I got that going for me.... 

[inappropriate content removed]

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

We apologize for the inconvenient, the Community is a peer to peer platform, where our members help members. When possible and needed of Acer employees reply to some of the posts.

You can send the SN for your unit and I will check on the information you need or you can simply call or chat with our technicians regarding any question.

In-Warranty Support

Get help with your Acer product at any time day or night. Acer phone and chat technicians can assist with product setup, technical troubleshooting and general questions you may have about your Acer product. Phone: 1-866-695-2237 Available 24/7 - US and Canada Español Disponible Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.