JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
Model Name: SA5-271
Part Number: NT.LCDEK.004
Looks like the machine is dead.
I was running a test; with the power supply connected, power mode high, lid close option set to do nothing, sleep never, screen off never, so that I could see how hot (or not) it gets in continuous use worst case.
What I expected was that closing the keyboard/cover would turn off the screen leaving the machine running.
However it seems to have trashed it totally.
With or without keyboard connected, it will not boot.
Starting from power off state, psu disconnected.
1. No light on power switch
2. Press 2-3 seconds, blue light comes on
3. Display remains black, keyboard does not light
4. Blue light goes out after 15 seconds
Starting from power off state, psu connected.
1. Blue light on power switch when psu connected, black screen
2. Press 6 seconds, light changes to red
3. Light goes out after a few seconds (while I typed line 2)
4. Press 2-3 seconds, blue light comes on
5. Display remains black, keyboard does not light
6. Disconnect psu, no change
As far as I can see, there is no hard reset.
Unless some funky combination of the volume button/Windows button while powering on does something useful.
The default seems to be UEFI secure boot, so I can't use a Linux stick to boot it.
We bought two of these for our company directors, and if theirs fail in this way it's going to be a high profile issue.
I noticed yesterday the pen stopped working, and put that down to a dead battery.
Maybe that was an early symptom of the death of the machine.
Is this a return-to-factory fault ?
Or is there a workaround to resurrect Lazarus ?