New Switch Alpha 12 i7 512gb refurb screen wont auto rotate, option missing in win 10

asmd
asmd Member Posts: 13 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey guys,

got myself a refurb switch alpha 12 off ebay recertified.

out of the box, the switch doesnt autorotate its screen.

there is no option for it anyhwere. not in action center and not in settings in either tablet or laptop mode.

i've read through the threads with owners with similar complaints.. and all dont have a solution.

seems to be realted to win 10 or simple a missing driver/app from acer.

i love this thing, and really dont want to have to return it... although it already has not awoken from sleep once already, also a known problem.

do the refurbs not come with all required drivers installed?

hoping for some help on this.

for now i have to manually rotate the screen in settings to get portrait mode. 

looking forward to your replies. 

Answers

• asmd
    asmd Member Posts: 13 New User

update...

1) sensors are not visible in device manager. treid enabling them via legacy device, selecting intel and drivers v2, doesnt show an error and sensor appears in the device manager but still cannot be detected.

2) tried mucking about in the registry following some guidelines online with other 2 in 1's that have also lost orientation sensor following win 10 upgrade. managed to get the button to show in display tab.. but its grayed out.

3) did a hard reset using image from restore partition and still the same, back to square one. no sensors in device manager. intel intergrated sensor solution driver is installed. BUT NOW, my quick access has the adaptive brightness option again. if i update the app, i lose that option.

So, now what?... any ideas?