Acer Predator G5910 will not Shut down Windows after Installing SSD

russellblack
russellblack Member Posts: 20 Networker

I have a problem with Acer Predator G5910. I bought an SSD drive "Samsung 850 Evo, 250gb" Connected to the Sata3 port, and set Windows 10. The problem is that at the end of work, PC is not shut down. The monitor turns off but coolers continue to work. I tried Windows 8.1, Windows 7, everywhere is the same mistake. I install drivers. Tuned the different BIOS settings, but nothing fixes the problem. On another computer my SSD working good. Help, please. Robot Sad

Answers

• russellblack

I solved the problem. In BIOS change AHCI or RAID to IDE and reinstall Windows. Now PC Shutting down

• glx
    glx Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, I'm happy for you that reverting to IDE solved the known shutdown issue on G5910 in W7/clean W10.

My G9510 has P01-A4 bios which has Native IDE, RAID and AHCI. I chose AHCI before installing W7, then upgrade to W10, then installing clean W10.  None of these shutdown completely.  After booting Mini XP from Hiren's 15.2 CD the Start/Shutdown performs a complete shutdown with AHCI set.

Please report the version of your bios.

The W7 and upgraded W10 had version 7 of the Intel Management Engine, while the clean W10 has version 11 of iAMT.  Some users have reverted iAMT to ver 9 from ver 11 to solve "very similar" shutdown issue. 

• glx

Clean install of W10 with Native IDE set in bios does not solve the shutdown issue either.

Clean install with F6 have driver using the Intel Raid driver wit RAID setting in bios does not solve issue.

I'll live with this issue for a while.

• russellblack

Hi! Did you try change IDE, install windows 7 (maybe install without network connection) and upgrade to windows 10? The same problem?

• glx

I changed setting to IDE and did a clean Windows 10 install and that did not solve the issue.

I will try a clean Windows 7 RTM and the iATM v7 and report back.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess this issue might be the reason why I got this mobo.

• Kuben
    Kuben Member Posts: 1 New User

I solved the problem. In BIOS change AHCI or RAID to IDE and reinstall Windows. Now PC Shutting down

It worked!!! - Tried on 18th NOV 2021...    First i just changed RAID to IDE and restarted the pc.. no luck... Then i reinstalled the Windows 10.. then it worked!!!!! woo wooo wooo
  • gift_3785
    gift_3785 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have tried this solution. But, it still doesn't solve the shutdown problem on Acer Predator G5910. Bios version P01.A2. Please help for those who know the exact solution. Thank you