Switch 10 sw3-013 audio problem on Windows 10

briguy37briguy37 Member Posts: 6
My Acer Switch 10 no longer plays audio after the upgrade to the anniversary edition of Windows 10. During the first update, a number of updates are installed, including the graphics driver and the sound driver. I can change the volume just fine to the point where when I press the button, it shows the percentage on the screen and a graph going up or down but no audio is heard coming through the speakers. It was working before the update but is not now. What can be done.

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• DiegoSepu97DiegoSepu97 Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem and cannot solve it either. But i think its something about drivers, i check the devices in safe mode and 3 or 4 devices have problems with drivers... I hope we get an answer soon... "acer recomends windows 10"

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,415 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

first of all check if the default audio playback device is the speakers, then check this discussion:
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Switch-Series/Aspire-Switch-10-no-sound-after-clean-windows-install/m-p/457366#M60

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • briguy37briguy37 Member Posts: 6

Thank you for all the replies and the proposed solution. I stopped dicking around with Windows. In this day and age of Android and iOS devices and tablets a dime a dozen, Windows is a dying operating system. Wouldn't be surprised to see the death of Windows in the near future.