JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
I have been trying to get a replacement for my laptop motherboard (laptop doesn't come on, charging indicator comes on when plugged to power, but the screen and backlit just blinks onces when I press the power button while charging, it is unresponsive when I press the power button when the charger isnt connected) and I was hoping someone could advice me.
1. From my description above, do you think the motherboard is actually bad. (I have tried various solutions like removing the battery, pressing the power button for 30 seconds and more, etc)
2. If its actually its the motherboard that is faulty and I need to replace it; I have searched on various sites and discovered the compatibility number of my motherboard is DAZRQMB18F0. How do I select the right motherboard that works for me. For example; the link below shows a board having the same compatibility number of DAZRQMB18F0 but a different model of acer aspire. Will this motherboard work for me?
3. My laptop has a core i7 processor. Is it possible to buy a board that comes with a core i5 processor (link above), then simply replace the core i5 processor with my core i7 processor which I presume to be working.
4. To save cost, I was thinking to purchase an acer aspire v5-572 board which has a different compartibility number but looks like all the ports will fit into my laptop casing and the replace the processor with my core i7 processor.
5. Any other advice that would help me to pick the right motherboard and possibly reduce cost.