Z35 Problem: horizontal lines

Hysten
Hysten Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello Acer Team, 

My Z35 display has been showing multiple, white/horizontal/fine lines that stretch across the width of the screen. They are uniformly spaced roughly one millimeter apart and cover the entire screen. The lines seem more prominent around the edges of the screen.  Also they are stationary. When i move a transparent window around the screen, the lines are still present and stationary. I've done some basic troubleshooting, but I'm stumped. 

I've tried these different settings: 

• G-Sync On/Off 
  • V-Sync On/Off
  • 60/120/144/160/200hz 
    • with settings below 144hz, a black streak appears in the upper right corner of the screen 

I will try to post pictures in a few hours. 

Answers

• JKF
    JKF Member Posts: 1 New User

Any luck? I'm having the same problem.

• Hysten
    Hysten Member Posts: 2 New User

Sometimes the issue will go away randomly from what I've experianced the last few days, no sure fix for the problem tho. 

• Beastagon
    Beastagon Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue with my Z35, the free sync version. The lines are a lot more visable at the edges of the monitor where it curves. It's only been going on for the past week. They went away once just randomly and now they are back. It's not the DP because i tryed HDMI and the lines persist. I've tryed monitor resets and messing with the Graphics drivers and anything else i could think of. But nothing has helped. I'm considering shipping this thing back to NewEgg and getting something else..... but this thing is huge and that would be a pain. I also noticed a weird highpitched sound then a pop maybe from the built in speakers?? but i dont know.

• Klink77
    Klink77 Member Posts: 3 New User

I've started to see the exact same problem with my Z35. I didn't see this issue when I first got the monitor many months ago however. It seems to have come up after several months of use. I tried several different display port cables and refresh rates. Nothing seemse to get rid of them. They are faint while playing games usually...but certain pictures...and video especially they are VERY noticeable and annoying. I hope this can be fixed.

• mdzaboy
    mdzaboy Member Posts: 1 New User

im having this problem this past week. any issue that can be resolved? quite annoying

• Huu
    Huu Member Posts: 2 New User

I had the same issue with my Z35 (March 2016) batch as well. Equally spaced horizontal faint white lines displayed across the whole screen. This issue can be replicated by using a light colour background and the lines should be pretty much visible to naked eyes.

Had a onsite support to check out the reported issue and confirmed to be a faulty set. It was promptly replaced with a new set from September 2016 batch and it's working perfectly now. Smiley Happy

• Klink77

Hi Huu,

Thanks for telling me about your Z35 with the same issue as mine. I filled out all the info to Acer support and they gave me a TX address for a repair center to ship it to. I'm just now trying to decide if I will spend the $150+ its going to cost to ship out there. My worry is what if I send it and they don't conisder the issue a faulty set and they then ask for money to repair it as well. I might be stuck with this. I'm not sure what to do, really. 

• Huu
    Huu Member Posts: 2 New User

Here are 2 pictures I took before the set was replaced.

3D51BBB3-59DC-4837-8401-C79006F21D19 - Copy.JPG6754909D-153C-4BDF-835A-B4BEAC688625 - Copy.JPG

I would say if your set exhibits the same issue as the above, then you should go ahead and send it to the service centre. A proper working monitor shouldn't have such issue unless there's interruption of signal which I highly doubt so.

• Klink77

20170614_041526.jpg20170614_040915.jpg

Thanks for uploading those pictures. Yeah, looks very familiar. These are two pictures I took yesterday of my monitor. I'll be sending it in then.

• Calimero
    Calimero Member Posts: 1 New User

1.png2.png

Same here. I have had the Z35 for almost a year, and these horizontal lines started showing up a few months ago. At first, they would appear once or twice a week, and turning the screen off and back on, or changing the refresh rate would make them disappear, but lately, the Z35 started exhibiting this problem more and more often, and now those lines are always visible, even on the OSD with the screen unplugged from the computer. Of course, like many here, I have tried troubleshooting this issue by resetting the screen's settings, playing with different refresh rates, different cables, testing it in different rooms to exclude electromagnetic interference with other appliances, etc. but all to no avail.

The screen is still in warranty, and I submitted a support ticket, which is pending approval at the moment. We will see how it goes. I'll follow up as soon as I have an update.

• Nashisu
    Nashisu Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've just started to experience this issue with my Z35, purchased back in August 2016 from Very.co.uk. I've just submitted a repair request to Acer. I'm concerned about getting the hefty thing to an authorised UK service centre. Will see what they say.