Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter problem (Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition)

The Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Wireless Network Adapter of my laptop have gone wrong for some time. My laptop couldn't detect any wireless networks at all. At first, I managed to fix this problem by uninstall it and then scan for hardware changes in Device Manager, it used to work normally again. However, this method doesn't work anymore recently. So I tried to uninstall it and replace it with another Network Adapter which I downloaded from Acer official website, somehow, the problem was solved. BUT same problem happens again now. I wonder whether this is a serious problem that I have to send my laptop to technician for repair...Is there anything I can do to fix it by my own?

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 30,285 Trailblazer

If it's still within the warranty period, you should contact Acer service without delay. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
  • ShwuHanShwuHan Member Posts: 5

It isn't under warranty anymore:'(

anyway thanks for your replySmiley Happy

When connected, have you tried to let Win10 automatically search for the best or updated driver in Device Mgr? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ
    Yes, I did, already up to date. Btw my pc is running Windows 8.1.

>>>Btw my pc is running Windows 8.1. >>>

Then do you recall ***approximately*** how long after you got the machine did the adapter start exhibiting this intermittent behavior? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    Maybe around one year...

OK. Have you considered trying to REFRESH your Win8.1 installation from the hidden recovery partition on your HDD? This might help to rule out a wifi hardware issue. If not, please refer to the video link below on how to do it. It may help to clear up any operating system file corruption that might be responsible for this behavior. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvFRTfFGCgY

Jack E/NJ

Alright, I'd try it. Thank you so much.