Acer V3 772g black screen Boot on USB

Options
Zepek
Zepek Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2017 in Nitro Gaming

Hi everyone,

Few days ago my Acer v3 772g started with a black screen. I shut it down, and start again. It works this time.

But this problem came back again and again, and today, it's always a black screen when I start the laptop.

I tried some manipulations such as removing RAM, motherboard battery ... but nothing worked.

Then I read that the issue may come from the BIOS, so I downloaded the folder on acer website, put it on a USB flash, but it's impossible to boot on this USB. I tried some key combination such as FN+Esc ... but nothing.

So my question is, is there a way to boot on this USB with a black screen on this computer ?

Thanks a lot !

Answers

• bbel46
    bbel46 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

hi,

have you find a solution?

i have the same problem.

• Zepek
    Options

I talk with Acer support, but this problem is impossible to solve on this kind of computer (according to them)

This issue can be solved if you have a notebook. (I don't remember the command, but you can boot on an USB jey)

I tried some other solutions, found on internet, but still nothing.

I finally bought a new computer ... and not acer this time.

• bbel46
    Options

thank you very much,
    I tried a flash with a USB key. no result. Before throwing it in the trash, I will in this case try to solder the chip of the graphics card with a hot air welder. May be that a weld has deteriorated. I try and I come back. thank you.

• bbel46
    Options

Hello,
    that's it. it works.
    What I did, if it can help someone:
    I completely disassemble the laptop,
    Removed the 3V lithium battery,
    Checked the status of all items with a magnifying glass and on another laptop.
    There was nothing abnormal.
    I tested the pins of the slots where batteries are drawn on the motherboard.
    There was the presence of 1.07 volt.
    I short-circuited all the pins of these battery locations.
    There was only 0.3 volt residual.
    I reassembled the laptop with a memory stick in each slot.
    Then I downloaded the VA70 V115 bios on the ACER support,
    uncompressed file and renamed the file isflash.fd to VA70HWX64.fd.
    I formatted an usb key in fat32 and copied the file into it.
    I plugged the key into one of the USB ports on the left side of the keyboard.
    I was pressed on FN + Esc and plugging the power cord,
    And pressed the ON button.
    I stayed on FN + Esc until the key blinks (about 7sec)
    And after 30 sec a beep sounded and another without stopping.
    The PC no longer responded.
    I unplugged the power, I plugged the battery without the power cord,
    I turned on the laptop and ...

It started, then the acer logo appeared ....

I then put my options in the bios.

And now I will wait and see if with a completely discharged battery the blackscreen problem will start again ...

• Zepek
    Options

Ok, 

I'll try to do the same on my old one, and give you the feedback to compare our results.

Thanks

• Yareloth
    Yareloth Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello guys,

I have to say your comments were very helpful because it managed to me. Nevertheless I will correct with what I did and what I did not directly down:

I removed all plugged in devices.
    I removed the battery and unplugged the cord.
    Pressed around 15 seconds on power ON.
    Then I downloaded the VA70 V115 bios on the ACER support with another laptop.
    I uncompressed with winrar the exe file into an USB stick (without formatting to FAT32).
    I renamed the file isflash.fd to VA70HWX64.fd (I tried with other file without renaming it but it did not work).
    I plugged the key into one of the USB ports on the left side of the keyboard (the first one, I have two on the left side).
    I was pressing on FN + Esc and plugging the power cord.
    And pressed the ON button.
    I stayed on FN + Esc until there were repeated bips (you cant miss them they are really loud).
    After bipping continuously I left the laptop doing.
    And it eventually started correctly.
    Then I tried to start, restart, i even unplugged accidently the cord so it shutdown.

No issue anymore.

Thank you very much for advice guys.
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Joining in because my mum's laptop showed very similar symptoms a few days ago. It's an acer aspire v3 772g 54208g1. When switching on, display was all black with backlight flickering around once per second in the same rythm as the HDD LED was flashing up. The laptop was still booting, but it took very long time - from half an hour until 4 hours. Trigger for this issue seems to have been some graphics driver update, either from windows or from the nvidia update utility, not so sure about that.

After reading this thread, I flashed the BIOS from 1.13 to 1.15 by using the .exe provided from Acer. The flashing process included a reboot, which took about an hour again.

After that, I installed the newest version of Display Driver Uninstaller, downloaded from guru3d.com . Executing basically everything this program can do when running in a normal booted Windows10, the issue seemed to be solved, No problems anymore since then. Just to make sure, I rebooted into save mode and ran all the functions of DDU again. Also, I made sure to not install display- or GPU-drivers anymore from Windows Update or Nvidia updates.

Hope this helps some of you folks,
    Cheers!
  • grockle
    grockle Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I had exactly the same problem with an acer aspire v3 772g and followed the helpful instructions of bbel46 and Yareloth above I flashed the BIOS to 1.15, the first time I tried it I became impatient at the repeating Beep stage and didn't wait long enough, then I tried a second time using the first USB slot on the left and this time when it started to Beep I just left it. It must have taken about 5 mins or so of repeating Beeps, but then the beeping stopped and the System had booted or rebooted, I'm not sure since I had left the room, magic, it now works beautifully again with all the updates done and a quick check of the BIOS showed 1.15 is installed. I suspect that the old BIOS was in conflict with some recent Graphics Update.
    The main thing it works again perfectly and thanks to all above users for their Tips.

• radulj
    radulj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi guys, can somebody send the exact copy of bios file that you used to flash bios, because main doesn't work. Thanks 
  • radulj
    radulj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I meant the bios file VA70HWX64.fd. Thanks 
  • Predatortech01
    Predatortech01 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I had the same problem with an Acer Nitro 5, there's a hole at the bottom where you can "reset" the battery, oh well, I got tired of pushing down for minutes with no results, so I took apart the bottom case, then removed the battery connector from the motherboard for approximately 10 minutes. Then, I put everything back again and pressed the power button... and the laptop was back to life. :) 
  • Moucky
    Moucky Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Dear all, 

my situation: the notebook is on but it showed a black screen. 
    I resetted the cmos battery - didn't work. even changed the battery - didn't work. I was very desperate to find a solution for this issue. Gladly I found this thread and followed Yareloths instructions. It works now perfectly, as if nothing ever happened. 

Thanks a lot to all of you for sharing your experience and giving these tips.

• Aitor
    Aitor Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi all.

It works for me.

You have to be patient until the beeps are heard.

¡¡¡Muchas, muchas gracias!!!
  • muguran
    muguran Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Dear all,

I have the Aspire V3-772G having the same symptoms: black screen at boot.

On Acer's support site I've found the BIOS update utility but it is an *.exe file.

Do you know where can I find the bin file?

Or, there's other option to update the BIOS when you can't start the OS?

Thank you!

• muguran
    muguran Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Solved!

Uzing 7z I've extracted from the *.exe file only the "isflash.fd".

And then followed the procedure described above.

Thank you!