ACER 15" NOTEBOOK SCREEN CRACKED WHILE OPEN ON DESK BUT NOT BEING USED AT THE TIME

Crowin_mum
Crowin_mum Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

We had this Notebook for 6 weeks. Always looked after, never dropped, knocked or anything else which could warrant what happened to the screen, if they are made to stay in the box we wouldnt have purchased. There was two of us in the room, with the laptop open on a desk, when there was a popping noise and the top left corner of the laptop's screen cracked and pixalated without anyone or anything near it.  Acer are trying to charge us for a new screen, considering it has not been damaged by us in any way this is totally unfair. According to many forums this is a known problem for Acer products. After getting the run-around where Acer made the decision to charge us from the store input report, and then upon my insistence that something else be done by photo, and finally the laptop is on the way to their repair centre for evaluation. Despite Acer having this non-warranty item called a screen, the fact is that this has happened to many people with these products. I consider that as the laptop has only been in our possession for 6 weeks and this has happened without any damage incurred by ourselves that this should be treated as a possible faulty product that we have had the misfortune to buy. I am wanting our recollection to be recognised by ACER as we did not have the opportunity to include it fully in the report. The store were going to give us a replacement within 5 minutes when we took this laptop back because of the situation, but Acer made it difficult. By the way where is the important information about the warranty non-inclusions as I have yet to find it anywhere in the laptop box or on-line.  Repair number is *******

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]