Iconia Tab 8 w1-810 - This BIOS is not for your Notebook PC -

nera
nera Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

17352661_10212519114955675_1546953801_n.jpgI tried to upgrade my bios for windows 10 but I get an error. I download the bios from the official site for support.
I think the problem is in the name of the product name Smiley Frustrated

Answers

• nera
    nera Member Posts: 3 New User

Finally i successfully repaired the exe file for bios.
    Update bios from v1.06 to v1.10 
    Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!yYMVQZab

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites. Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

Thank you.

• gyorij
    gyorij Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello
    I have this problem with me
    give me a code to download?

• mahdy1988
    mahdy1988 Member Posts: 1 New User
    nera said:

شكرا
  • bejamartins
    bejamartins Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

nera said:

Hello. I know this is an old thread, but can you still provide the Mega download key for the file? Thank you in advane.
  • bejamartins
    bejamartins Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

gyorij said:
    Hello
    I have this problem with me
    give me a code to download?

Found out how to do it.
    - Extract the contents of the BIOS EXE (I used 7zip for it);
    - Open 'platform.ini' with a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++ and search for Search 'PlatformName1='. Right above it there should be a line with 'Flag=2', change it to 'Flag=0' and save the file (note: this'll skip an important device check, so don't do it outside your Iconia W1-810, else you'll brick your other device - also make sure you downloaded the correct BIOS file from Acer, I'll take no responsibility if things go wrong);
    - Run H2OFFT-W.exe as admin. Should now reboot your device and update the BIOS;

Phil-3 said:

Hello everyone,

While our members are generally eager to provide useful information, be advised that Acer does not validate third party external links for downloads and is not responsible for them.

We also cannot attest to the safety of third party websites. Acquiring files through such links is at the user’s own risk.

Thank you.

This is what gets me about Acer: although there is some support for the products is always lacking and then requires tinkering. I once bought an Acer laptop with a CPU that had virtualization technology but to enable it, I had to hex-edit the BIOS to unlock the option because Acer just wouldn't allow by default, why? Acer launched this tablet, launches a BIOS update for Windows 10 but doesn't even seem to test the installer on a device or bother to fix it after the community points it out, why? In the same device, it excludes the SD slot from BIOS boot option, even though it only has 32GB internal storage, why?