Acer Chromebook 11 CB3-131 Won't Turn On

kelseynealon
kelseynealon Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

My Chromebook is less than 2 months old, which I got from Amazon (the page I bought it from: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01FVZVZBQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  

The Chromebook I have is the following: Acer Chromebook 11 CB3-131-C0UG (11.6-inch HD, Intel Celeron, 2GB, 16GB).

Today, the Chromebook will not turn on (just has a black screen).

What does seem funny is the battery light is blue, indicating a full charge, but the light beside the light bulb icon is blank (normally it is either blinking amber when in standby, or solid blue (I think) when in use). I have posted a picture of what I am talking about below. 

I should also mention that the battery light (blue light in the picture) completely shuts off when I unplug the laptop from the power chord.

Another piece of information, when the Chromebook first started not being able to turn on, the Chromebook was quite hot, hotter than it's ever been from my experience.

I've tried the following to get it to turn on (none of which have worked):

- Plug into power chord.

- Hold power button for over a minute.

- Hold Refresh key + Power button for over a minute.

- Hold Refresh key + Escape key + Power button for over a minute.

- Took the back cover off (unscrewed the back cover) to unplug the battery for over a minute, plugged the battery back in, then held power key for over a minute.

- Charged Chromebook for over an hour until battery light turned from amber to blue (indicating a full charge), then tried holding the power button for over a minute.

Unfortunately, the return period on Amazon ended on March 3rd, so hopefully, I have some sort of warranty with Acer to get a replacement if there is nothing that can be done here.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

I appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

CaChromebookpture.PNG

Best Answer

• kelseynealon
    Answer ✓
    I still had warranty on it at the time and sent it in. I believe it’s a hardware issue (faulty battery maybe?), and they fixed it a while ago. I was not able to fix this on my own though.

Answers

• MattP48
    MattP48 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem and tried all the above resets, however no charging light now (there was, so I charged it until blue, now nothing)..

Any thoughts?
  • Kbolk
    Kbolk Member Posts: 1 New User
    This thread may be a dead horse but I'mma try to revive it.lol Any news on the fix? I just experienced the same issue
  • kelseynealon
    Answer ✓
    I still had warranty on it at the time and sent it in. I believe it’s a hardware issue (faulty battery maybe?), and they fixed it a while ago. I was not able to fix this on my own though.