Acer Predator XB271HU temporary burn in

Angrytaco99
Angrytaco99 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've seen a couple posts on the forum about the Predator XB271HU getting image burn in (temporary), but I've not seen many get resolution to the issue. My monitor is only 8 or so months old and i'm starting to see text, lines and images left when I switch to a new screen. I'm assuming I'll have to send the monitor in to have it worked on or swapped out, but is there anything else to try before that? 

Oh and i'm using a DVI cable it that helps

System Specs are:

Coolermaster HAF
Intel Core i7-6700 LGA1151 
Gigabyte Z170 G5 max (MB)
32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3200
Corssair H100i V2
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
Evga GeForce 980 Ti Classified
2x 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSHD (raid)
WD 1TB Black

Answers

• Jaqqour
    Jaqqour Member Posts: 8 New User

You have probally read my recent posts about this, my advice is RMA it asap and hope when they replace the panel you dont get a bad one. Acer support will tell you to try a differnet cable, reinstall drivers etc before they will accept the RMA.

I ended up getting a store credit and buying the new model but it was about 5-6 weeks with no screen to get to that stage.

If you brought from a store that will just outright give you a replacement for faulty goods then that may be the better option than going through the offical Acer RMA proccess.

• Angrytaco99
    Angrytaco99 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks, that's my plan. I just picked up a referbished unit from ebay and will be using that while this one is going through the process.