G9-791-77p1 Cannot find Nvidia GTX980M in Device manager.

NARCO
NARCO Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hey guys,some how i cannot find the gtx 980m igpu in my device manager...i cannot even load nvidia control panel....laptop seems to default on intel internal gpu 530.

do i have a hardware fault? it was working find until i switched on laptop today to play Ark..button one is active...ive even restored laptop...still no luck seeing nvidia in my settings...bios ver is 1.10....everything else works fine just no 980gtx graphic card..

Help as ive got dinosaurs to feed ;-)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you press the GPU switch button, does the iGPU/GPU switch icon appear?

can you check on device manager if the GTX980m is listed?

windows logo + x key

device manager

click on View tab and tick show hidden devices

check under Display adapters

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • NARCO

Yes when i click button dgpu and ipgu show...checked show hidden devices and nothing is under apdaters just intel 530.

its like the nvidia gtx980m just not working so its not showing in the software.

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

Hi,

it does not really sound good. Maybe you can download a Linux Live CD or so, to verify, that it isn't a software related problem.

First of all I would save all unsaved Data (backup). Then I would try to reset windows to verify. Just juste the windows reset feature (but rememember Fullbackup before).

• NARCO

Thanks guys...Im going to take it back to the shop and get them to sort it out...hopefully they will find the solution to my problem...will update this thread when i get it back.

• Deo0672
    Deo0672 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the issue and i don't know what to do? Please help
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Deo0672 said:
    I have the issue and i don't know what to do? Please help
    Get it checked by Acer Service Center if normally recommended steps didn't work out for you. Also, create a new thread for your problems. There's no point in resurrecting an old and dead post.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!