SSD not detected in bios when HDD installed

djasiman
djasiman Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Dear experts

I have problem about my SSD. i have bought SSD Samsung 750 EVO 120GB for my acer aspire E1-471. I want my SSD be storage device for my Windows 7 and the HDD be the storage. But when i installed and clone my windows from HDD to SSD, i can't detect my SSD in BIOS Priority Booting. It makes me can not booting windows from my SSD. 

For booting windows from HDD i don't have trouble, and the SSD detected in explorer as storage device E. But all want is booting my windows from my SSD and the HDD became secondary storage. I can booting from my SSD just in one condition, just when my SSD did not installed. In that condition i can boot my SSD savely without matter. Please help me resolve the problem. 

Regards

Best Answer

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hard to understand your English but I think I follow. You cloned the main drive too the ssd. System boots okay from the ssd only when main hard drive not installed. Bios not showing option to select boot order. Solution: clear/delete boot partition from old hard drive. How? Several ways, easiest is boot into windows 7 setup from say DVD or flash drive and use custom setup option then select old drive and format- will loose data so backup first. Once the info delete off old drive power down, remove Win7 setup stuff, boot up and only the ssd will be bootable.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

Hi,

Do you still have the Operating system in HDD? Did you say that when you remove the HDD it boots with SSD without any problem?

• djasiman

hi

Thank's for your response. 

For now i don't have OS in my HDD, it cause i have format my disk C in My HDD that i think can resolve the problem but it make it worst. But I still have operation system in my SSD.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer

Hi,

Can you post the picture of your Disk Management.

• djasiman

This condition when i am booting by windows (SSD) without HDD. For now i can not booting windows from HDD because i have formatmy drive C in HDD.

booting with SSD without HDD.JPG

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hard to understand your English but I think I follow. You cloned the main drive too the ssd. System boots okay from the ssd only when main hard drive not installed. Bios not showing option to select boot order. Solution: clear/delete boot partition from old hard drive. How? Several ways, easiest is boot into windows 7 setup from say DVD or flash drive and use custom setup option then select old drive and format- will loose data so backup first. Once the info delete off old drive power down, remove Win7 setup stuff, boot up and only the ssd will be bootable.

• djasiman

Thank you , it's work

sorry for my bad english.Smiley Happy