Can't access flash drive due to puzzling security restrictions

Options
jlprice013
jlprice013 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

I have an Acer One 10 (it's a laptop/tablet).  I find this a little ridiculous (more so, I guess).  Normally, it's like this - you plug in a USB, and you access it.  For some reason I'm not allowed to access an old usb drive of mine (security messages jump up, 'need to change', 'need account w/password', etc.) and can't seem to find where to find how to correct this security problem (there seems no "other roads" left).  My other laptop (Acer Aspire e15, if that matters) does the same. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options

I would typically expect to see that if the drive were encrypted. If it were just a permissions issue you would be able to open the drive and either not see the folders or see the folders but not be able to open them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jaanham
    jaanham Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    How do I save my photos to my usb flash drive and veiw them thank you 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hello jaanham,

Please create a new question/topic  in the corresponding forum to improve your visibility to the public where you can receive better attention and response to your query (make sure to include your model number).

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny