No subwoofers and blu-ray drive (?)

Options
Whitehawk
Whitehawk Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I had a question about a model i bought...which is the G5-793-72AU. Was hoping you could help me sort it out...

So i bought this laptop over a month ago from a seller in amazon which said to have both the Frostcore and the Blu-ray drive as well as the subwoofers that come integrated....but this one didnt come with neither of those (instead i got plastic lids covering both areas of the laptop). I know it probably should be a matter to be discussed directly to the reseller but i wanted to make sure if THIS model actually comes with those things...which i thought would regarding the propaganda of the fan and subwoofers in the page itself.

Thanks a lot beforehand ^^

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

I confirm that this model is shipped without subwoofer (only 2 speakers as all G5-793 models) and no BR drive. The backlight of the keyboard is blue/red.

From a German member:

France
  • gogu69xxl
    gogu69xxl Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

no, none of the g5 models have subwoofer, blu ray-drive(and no frostcore as well) and the keyboard has only red and blue light. (i am not sure, but some g5 models dont have g sync as well). Yes, it would be a good idea for that seller to change the info as it is not true.

EDIT - while i was typing someone else answered the question.  i was one minute too late.

[inappropriate content removed]

• Whitehawk
    Whitehawk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I see....Thanks a lot for the quick answers both of you Smiley Happy ...i guess i was wrong then haha.

Just by the way, is there any way that i can get a fitting blu-ray drive and install it myself? or is the laptop not compatible maybe...ive never disassembled a laptop before so i wouldnt know..i doubt it right?

• Daedronus
    Daedronus Member Posts: 78 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

You can, but you need to replace the bottom cover, get the odd adapter pcb, the odd itself, the odd face plate.

Quite a bit of trouble, an external drive might be a better (cheaper?) idea.

Personally if I did all that I would use the slot for another sata SSD to raid it with the primary m.2 stata ssd, since we don't have nvme support.