Acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431 - Shuts off randomly

Options
delancyj
delancyj Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

My Acer Chromebook CB3-431 will shut off randomly or the screen will go blank randomly.  This is not the only issue, I was supposed to get an additional 100GB of storage in Google Drive.  When I apply for it Google says that I'm not eligible.  Is it possible that Acer sold me a badly re-furbished machine at a new computer price on Amazon.com.  

Need help!

Answers

• Rosallie
    Rosallie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    If you found a solution, please post it here, I would love to know as I have this very same issue, it shuts off at random times for no apparent reason(nothing I do) but then it doesn't want to come back on and I have wasted so much time just trying to get the thing to turn on...and like you, there are plenty of other issues. This was my first Acer computer and it will be my last...
  • delancyj
    delancyj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I complained directly to Acer support and they sent me a new machine.  The random shutting off problem never stopped on the old one but did not get worse over time.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @RosallieI don't have much experience with the chromebook. but it is possible that this button is not being pressed:

If the notebook is not under warranty and you are willing to disassemble the notebook to check the notebook, watch this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nC6hkbGy9M
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)