Iconia one 10 B3-A30 won't download system update

hacknfit
hacknfit Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

I recently purchased an Iconia One 10  B3-A30 tablet. After the initial startup and settings etc, it said a system update was availible. I get the popup window to choose either "download" or "later" with the dropdown to choose a later date. I have been choosing download every time I let the window popup and it does not download, merely returning to the same popup asking me to download. So I give up and try another day. Same thing no download of the update....?    I read a post somewhere that with the addition of a micro sd card it will allow the download to happen....nope, no system update download.... I'm stumped.

Otherwise the tablet works great, I've added many apps, wifi and internet work perfect.

thanks, Phil

Best Answer

• kentino
    kentino Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Found the solution from another post about the Acer Live Updater system process. Need to grant it Storage rights. Go into Settings > Apps. Click three dot menu at top right and choose System. Scroll to Acer Live Updater and grant it Storage rights. After do that run the update and works fine.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try to reboot and then download the update.

if it still not work, wait 2-3 days and then re-try to download it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kentino
    Same issue for me. I also tried the SD card and didn't help. I went to Acer website and latest system update is a few versions behind what was installed out of the box. I think it's somehow triggering update available but when goes to download it realizes the download is older and stops. My speculation : ) But giving to my son tomorrow as bday present so will tell him to ignore this until Acer fixes the problem.
  • hacknfit

I'm still thinking there is something in the update, here's my reasoning. While searching around the web for a solution, I came across a video of a fellow testing this exact model tablet. He did mention that after the update he was able to do a bit more with it, mainly multitasking. In his Iconia Suite folder  were additional apps that mine doesn't have, I believe 2 additional new apps, one of which allowed for a split screen. He was able to have 2 apps running side by side and then brought back up another app that was put away but not closed, essentially showing 3 active windows at the same time!

I'll keep looking on the web and/or wait for an answer.

• kentino
    Answer ✓
    Found the solution from another post about the Acer Live Updater system process. Need to grant it Storage rights. Go into Settings > Apps. Click three dot menu at top right and choose System. Scroll to Acer Live Updater and grant it Storage rights. After do that run the update and works fine.
  • hacknfit

Your solution worked great. The update is all installed. I'm not sure what got updated but it's done. Hopefully others will find your solution helpfull.  You would think Acer would have a more detailed set of instructions for this tablet. I wonder what other hidden items I will find now. Thanks again for solving our problem.

• Shuy3n
    Shuy3n Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey anyone still having issues , i cant get it to update even now im  running   Acer_AV0M0_B3-A30_RV00RC04 _WW_GEN1  and it just wont find the update.

• Alexandarvs
    Alexandarvs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello

how is it possible that you do not have an upgrade of the android for Acer Iconia 10 tablet. That tablet could easily work on Androd 8. So, please, please do something. I paid it and I scratched it, but I think it needs to be upgraded It's also a shame that such a tablet still works on Android 6.
  • Alexandarvs
    Alexandarvs Member Posts: 2 New User
    You should be ashamed!
    Alexandar