Predator 15 G9-593 - What audio ports are there?

MidoSpace
MidoSpace Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey guys,

Sorry if my question is dumb, but I'm new here and I want to get a Predator 15 G9-593-71EH. Since 2008, I have my beloved Aspire 5738G, as I'm not a gamer so I have no problem with it at all, although it is pretty slow now especially with the fact that I am a graphic designer and the use of Adobe products. So, I decided to get the Predator 15 G9-593-71EH.

I also do narrations for scientific articles and about to start a podcast, so audio is extremley important to me, and as mentioned before, on my Aspire 5738G I have three audio ports, Line-In, Microphone, and Headphone/Speaker. I use the line-in sometimes to record things from my iPhone, and the mic to record my narrations, and headphone to listen while I play games or watching videos, etc.

From what I saw (a few Predator images), I noticed it has only 2 audio ports, just like these days laptops, so I was wondering what is missing and how can I act with the lack of the additional port? What if I want to record using a professional mic and also listen through a headphone at the same time?

Is there a workaround for that?

Is there any audio expert that can tell me what should I do in such case? Should I get a converter for the mic to convert it to USB? and is there a certain good brand out there?

Sorry for the long post, and thank you!

Best regards,

Ahmed

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Predators has:

1 - headphone out

2 - mic In

as far you are connecting a Mic and an headphone, you can monitoring on your headphone the recording levels but if you want to connect an iPod or other audio resources, the Mic in is not the best.

it will be way better an external USB audio card.

SOUND BLASTER X-FI SURROUND 5.1 PRO

can be a good choice, since it has headphone out - Mic in  - Line in

and it's not so expensive.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Predators has:

1 - headphone out

2 - mic In

as far you are connecting a Mic and an headphone, you can monitoring on your headphone the recording levels but if you want to connect an iPod or other audio resources, the Mic in is not the best.

it will be way better an external USB audio card.

SOUND BLASTER X-FI SURROUND 5.1 PRO

can be a good choice, since it has headphone out - Mic in  - Line in

and it's not so expensive.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MidoSpace
    MidoSpace Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you so much .. Much appreciated Smiley Happy