Need help installing linux on VN7-952G

Anthony008823
Anthony008823 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello all. I need some assistance. I'm ditching Windows 10 and Windows entirely dont like it what so ever anymore and installing Linux instead. But, I have a problem. I made a bootable USB thanks to UNETBOOTIN and I hit the F12 button on the keyboard, my laptop is set in uefi mode by default at the moment. When it boots am getting "Secure Boot Failed" splash screen that wont go away how do I get around this problem. There arent many options in the bios settings. Ever since I updated the bios to v1.12 I've had nothing but problem after problem even in Windows 10 after installing an anti virus windows keeps going into PC repair saying it failed to boot. I mean I just want to use my laptop and play some games not asking much. All the desktop PC's and laptops I've come acrossed and used have handle Windows and Linux just fine why this laptop? This has to be one of the worst laptop computer I've ever used. My custom family build PC is better than this and it's running Manjaro Linux just fine.

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Linux distro must be x64 and the USB flash drive must be UEFI compatible with GPT partition scheme.

you can disable secure boot too from BIOS.

I'm not an Acer employee.