g9-592 issues

Options
t_bogdan
t_bogdan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello guys

I own an Acer Predator G9-592 and i have a lot of lags and microfreeze issues and maybe one of you have experienced the same problems that i have. When i want to open iexplorer i click on the icon and the mouse it's frozen on the display for a second and the window becomes transparent, then iexplorer it's starting and after that the mouse begins to work. And i have the same issue when i try to open display settings and action center, but these are just only 3 cases when the computer does that (there are others instances - ex: maximizing a window). When i disable one of the video cards from the device manager these issues dissapear completly. When i start Microsoft Edge with Nvidia gpu and i leave it open the issues dissapear completly. I want to mention that i try to fix this problem by installing all the Windows 10 versions that i can download from Microsoft, combined with all the drivers from Nvidia, Intel and also from acer website for these gpus. From the service i've got the following reply after they test the computer and they've changed the motherboard to overcome these issues: these are not issues, but "manifestations" that are common to this model of laptop.

I think that these problems are power management problems and they are not a common issue of this model.

Does anyone have this kind of problems with this model of laptop?

Answers

• alex2k17
    alex2k17 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I encountered this this problem on a Alienware R4 laptop . It's called DPC latency issue i think it's a problem from the combination of nvidia pascal card and intel integrated gpu, the solution would be to deactivate the intel one and remain only on the nvidia if u can do that somehow. Also you can get a program like dpc latency checker to so if other hardware/driver from your sistem are cuasing the micro-stuttering and then deactivate or change driver or something . It is a nasty problem that i this it should not be present on modern computing. 

I hope you understand what i was trying to explain if not ask back.

• t_bogdan

Tinkerer

Options

Hello guys,

New problem with my g9-592 with a red stain on the display, when i close the display with fn+F6.poza test.jpg

• t_bogdan

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for the reply, but it's not the case. I don't have any spike on dpc latency checker