The firware of E5-575-53EJ seems very buggy, specifily the power button and LCD configuration.

dx
dx Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

1) The gamma of the LCD display is way off.

I tried to do "display color calibtartion" and I need to pull the gamma slider to the bottom to make it better, and adjust brightness and contrast in the intel display driver to compensate for the side-effect of gamma compensation.

It affects the out-of-the-box experience a lot, because the LCD looks gray and ugly without above adjustments.

From my experience, this is due to the BIOS is not initializing the LCD correctly (bios is did not right the correct gamma settings to the LCD).

2) The power button does not work in Windows.

Pressing the power button does not trigger the shutdown/slepp/hibernate action in Windows.

Update:

It turns out that the display's gamma is fine, but the windows display color calibration program doesn't work well out of the box.

Specifically the built-in display has a 125% scaling factor and it disrupts the test pattern image. In order to get a meaningfyl gamma calibration, I need to set the scaling factor to 100% beforing starting the calibration.

Following this procedure, the gamma turns out to be pretty accurate and doesn't need much adjustment.

However I need to adjust the brightness in the Intel driver to 5% to get the optimal black level.

I don't know where to file a bug report but I'll put the information here, hopefully it helps acer to improve this product.

Answers