R13 (R7) speaker, usb port and backlight problems (quite possibly electronics related)

stielar
stielar Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So I have an Acer Aspire R13. It's an amazing product but it seems to have some problems with its electronics. Here are the issues I have:

1) For some time now I've been getting an error message that my USB port, telling me that a usb device has exceeded the power limits. I've tried all solutions I found online, I reset the usb port, I uninstalled all usb ports and hubs and installed them again. The gains I received were short-lived. When the problem begins there is a slight buzzing noize from the usb port on the left side of the laptop.

2) I've been getting a buzzing noise when the backlit keyboard is on its highest brightness. On middle brightness the noise disappears.

3) The worst one so far, because I can live without the backlit highest brightness and I can tolerate the usb power surge. But now my left speaker started making a high pitch noise when music or any other sound is playing. Again I've tried all the solutions I've found online, updated drivers, uninstalled the device, muted the mic, used it on battery so there was no grounding problem... but nothing works.

These problems all seem to be electronics related. Please let me know how I could solve my problems, especially problem 3. This is an awesome product and it is a pity not being able to enjoy it as I should. Thank you in advance.

Edit: Right speaker seems to be having the high pitch problem as well, but it is not as discernible as it is on the left speaker.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you are under warranty, give Acer support service a call.

3 issues that can be related to some bad grounding and this can be fixed only by Acer.

I'm not an Acer employee.