Acer Chromebook 11 CB3-131

Godgirlz
Godgirlz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

My Chromebook will not take a charge. Was working just fine a week ago when i last used it. Now it is dead and won't even light up to show its charging. How can i fix this

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Depends on whether the problem is the charger or the Chromebook. Do you have access to another charger to test with? Take a close look at the charger port, is the center pin still there and straight?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mnmk10
    Mnmk10 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same problem! No sign of life (no LED indicator, no response to any key, black screen, will not start) even though the Chromebook was fine yesterday and should be fully charged. I don't have a spare charger cord, although this charger looks fine and the port looks fine. I have only had this since Christmas (but was a manufacturer refurbished unit...)

I someone can suggest a fix!

• dtorrillo
    dtorrillo Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the exact same issue and I do have access to an additional charger which is not making a difference. Both chargers work with my son's computer but my daughters (which was working 2 days ago) won't turn on or light up when the charger is plugged in. Any other suggestions? 

• Angel_YT
    Angel_YT Member Posts: 1 New User
    i plugged the cable into my laptop and it isn't charging. It happened 1 day ago
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Can you test with a different charger?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.