Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Spin 3 - How can I turn the wireless off without disabling bluetooth?

I bought a USB ethernet adapter for faster speed and also to connect to routers using ethernet cable for router setup.  How can I turn the Spin3's wireless off without disabling bluetooth which I'm using for my bluetooth mouse.

Going into airplane mode will not work for me since it turns off the bluetooth as well as the wireless.  I'm not using my laptop on an airplane.  I'm using it at home and to setup other people's routers.

I know how to disable the wireless via Win10's Device Manager but that requires several steps.  Is there a quick way to turn the wireless only off on the Spin3 ?

Best Answer

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 8,723ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

Go to Settings, Network and Internet, select WiFi from left pane and try switching Off.

Capture.JPG

• raptor88raptor88 Posts: 23Member

Brummyfan2 said:

Go to Settings, Network and Internet, select WiFi from left pane and try switching Off.

------------------------

Hey Brummyfan2, thanks for your tip.  Since it showed how to turn WiFi off via Windows Settings, it promted me to do a Google search on "How to disable wifi with a shortcut".  That showed a link to:

https://www.howtogeek.com/275715/how-to-turn-wi-fi-on-or-off-with-a-keyboard-or-desktop-shortcut-in-windows/

That howtogeek article shows how to create desktop and keyboard shortcuts to disable and enable WiFi.  I created keyboard shortcuts in Win10's start menu per that article so as not to clutter my desktop with the shortcuts.  I used (ctrl+alt+Q) to turn off WiFi and (ctrl+alt+W) to turn on WiFi.  Using (ctrl+alt+Q) to turn off WiFi was good since it's right next to the W key and the Q looks like an O for "Off".  The W is for Wifi on.

That all works great in Windows 10 and I'm now able to disable/enable WiFi only with quick keypresses and still have use of my bluetooth mouse.  Thanks for leading me in the right direction!

• Hi,

You are welcome, glad to be of helpSmiley Very Happy