Aspire E5-575G black screen crash

lcteska
lcteska Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

Updated to the latest bios 1.2 and have latest nvidia drivers as well.

Since this system has been randomly black screen crashing.

Did not recall seeing this before.

Did a reset on the bios to defaults.

Still did a black screen crash yesterday.  Battery was at 60%.

Anyone else?

Is there a better bios version to be on?

Best Answer

• eoinwickens
    eoinwickens Member Posts: 5 New User
    Answer ✓

Okay so i did everything as you did, very similar if not the exact same problem. Not sure if this voids your warranty or not but i took apart the laptop and reseated the battery, just plugging it in and out of the motherboard and then putting it all back together again. Since i did it I havent had a single random shutoff in over a month!

Hope this is of some use

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Bios updates often cause issue with drivers- should update/reinstall some like chipset first, then others in areas you see problems. This case guessing video.

• Hi,

In addition to what Trukntigger suggested, reinstall the VGA driver as well.

Go to Acer support, download the VGA driver(even if it's old) for your model, go to Device manager and uninstall the Display adapter driver, do not restart, install the downloaded driver and see whether it helps.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6737?b=1

• eoinwickens

Hey Icteska,

What's your computer saying in event viewer if you go to windows logs > System and then scroll down to the time of the crash?

For my E5-575G there's two VGA drivers, one for intel one for Nvidia. Do you recommend changing both or just one? 

• lcteska

I've updated the bios again and all drivers to the latest.

Seems to be a power failure as the system just shuts off without error, and the event log says last shutdown not clean.

Only happens on battery, so far and is not happening on AC power.

Is there a known battery issue, and a way to swap the battery?

Lynn

• eoinwickens
    Answer ✓

Okay so i did everything as you did, very similar if not the exact same problem. Not sure if this voids your warranty or not but i took apart the laptop and reseated the battery, just plugging it in and out of the motherboard and then putting it all back together again. Since i did it I havent had a single random shutoff in over a month!

Hope this is of some use

• lcteska

Seems reasonable to pop the battery, and reseat.  Would do that straight away normally.  Too bad they made it hard.

We shall see if it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,085 Trailblazer

lcteska wrote:

Seems reasonable to pop the battery, and reseat.  Would do that straight away normally.  Too bad they made it hard.

We shall see if it helps.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi,

You can do a battery reset without removing the battery, follow the instructions here:https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

• lcteska

Thanks, I'll post back if the crashes are gone in a few days.

• swagatam007
    swagatam007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have acer aspire e15 575 with windows pro 64 bit in it.. it has 4GB ram when i bought it now i upgrade with 8GB(4x2)ddr4 ram after upgrading into 8GB ram my system gets crashe when i play games on i or run big games it get crashe after playing 5 min and system gets restart..... plz help & tell me the solution for this issue... thanks 
  • Sbsagar
    Sbsagar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello guys I have Acer E5-575G my system was working fine but due to amtomatic repair loop error I had to install new OS.After installing new OS only one of my ram slot is working when i insert extra ram in other slot my screen goes black pls help me.
  • Itoalexi1978
    Itoalexi1978 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi. How can I update the BIOS, if the computer does not start? It is impossible to even enter this. This happened when trying to update the Bios, from windows !.