E5-575g touchpad not working

Options
Medothe1
Medothe1 Member Posts: 16 New User

hey, I just downgraded from the laggy windows 10 to win 8.1 and it's actually running very well but for the touchpad .. I installed both touchpad drivers from this : 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/support-product/6737?b=1

and still not working, I checked the BIOS and it was enabled. also the lock key fn + f7 not making any change.

The device manager showing all devices correctly recognized and installed.

in the mouse and pointers there are 2 mouses, the usb and another one(guessing its the touchpad?). tried to update that one and it says i got latest updates

but there's no sign that it is here... can anyone help me please i've looked so much i just gave up

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Manual install- download package, unzip then unzip the exe- try zip7. Inside that exe you will see the drivers.  Use device manager, manually browse to location you opened the exe and selct the driver and over ride windows to just use it.  Should work.

• Medothe1
    Options

just making sure, should the touchpad be named as "HID compliant mouse" too?

if so, I did like you said, went to device manager and updated it by browsing for software but it gave me same message that the device is already updated to the latest version, eveen though there's a 2006 date ?

• Trukntigger
    Options

Nope- look more like this-

touchpad.jpg

Note entrys showing HID touchpad and Synaptics HID Device (HID= human interface device) The logitech ones are my wireless mouse ( I prefer over touchpad and mine is set to disable touchpad when external mouse present)

• Medothe1
    Options

well, i cant do that.. as soon as i disable my usb mouse i can't do anything...

why isn't it working yet ... :/

• Trukntigger
    Options

You should see the touchpad like above- that was with my usb mouse in use.  Drive is not installing or active. Can you post a screen shot (press windows key and the print screen key same time- pic will save in photos/screenshots.) Take that photo- right click and edit, then select save as...  jpg and give it a name.  This will save in photos.  Make your post here and add photo- browse to it and upload, wait then done, you can continue writing your post below it.

• Medothe1
    Options

here it is4.PNG

• Trukntigger
    Options

Ok that helps. Touchpad is active.  Mouse shows 2 devices, which is correct. You can see yourself when in that windows unplug the usb mouse and watch the changes in that device window you sent. One will still be active- the touchpad mouse. This means it's pretty much a setting in windows. Either that silly fnc/f7 is not toggleing mouse on off or you got a setting in windows stopping it. When go into details of the touchpad- does it show started? Just double click on HID-complaint touch pad and same with Synaptics HID Device. Also is the synaptics software even running?

• Medothe1
    Options

thats them both,

but how do i check if the synaptics software is running

5.PNG

• Medothe1
    Options

aaah i remembered something, touchpad was not available when I was trying to install the windows I had to use the mouse, meanwhile I tried installing windows 7 earlier that day and it was functioning well

another thing, in the BIOS menu, should the touchpad be set to advanced or basic?

• Trukntigger
    Options

Advanced is features more like say an Ipad- 2 and 3 finger actions, taps and drags etc.  Basic should be fine unless you want those features on.  As for during install, Pad should have worked as basic mouse mode.  Nothing on it works tho? I mean can you even right or left click after setting pointer with usb mouse?

• Medothe1
    Options

no, i couldn't do anything with it back then. but the same day just an hour before i installed win7 and during the install it was working fine. also the basic option seems to be working but just like you said one point and click and much unresponsive to touches so i turned it back on to advanced.

and about the pics you asked me to send, i already sent them twice but can't see if they were sent or not so this is the 3rd time im sending them i hope they reach you :/

5.PNG

• MAXVIHANGA
    MAXVIHANGA Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    GO TO THE ACER BIOS MENU AND CHANGE THE TOUCHPAD MODE AS A BASIC MODE THEN YOU MAY CAN SEE YOUR MOUSE POINTER
  • KJ123
    KJ123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have Chromebook OS Model C730E and now my touch pad does not work.  Tried the steps I've seen on the websites, but it still does not work.  I read on line that maybe I need to update my drivers.  Can anyone such which drivers I need? Thanks
  • Stevetosh
    Stevetosh Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I followed the steps here and my mousepad is now working. Thanks
    But I can't use features like two fingers anymore
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    Stevetosh

If it is still not working 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers - Install the i/o drivers first and then install the touch pad driver 

Please install the i/o drivers first and then install the touch pad drivers..  
    Try fn + f6 or f6 alone  or  fn + f7 or f7 alone on keyboard to disable and enable the touchpad. 
    After disabling and enabling the touchpad check how it is working.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★