Game quits after 10 minutes on E5-573TG...recently

Mahdi669
Mahdi669 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey guys. how is everyone?

So I've had this acer aspire E5-573TG for a nearly a year and a half and I have played fairly good games like Fallout 4, Batman Arkham Knight and NFS 2 for countless hours on both windows 7 and windows 10 and nothing happened. Only recently, since a couple of weeks ago, games that I used to be able to play on this, quit after 10 minutes with the good old "this program has stopped working" msg and just poof! back to windows. I changed the windows 10 version to a newer one, installed the latest graphics driver, even tried the MSI afterburner that someone has suggested on a topic like this, but nothing works. 

So...any suggestions on what I should do to make this stop?

-thanks

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Sound like your due to clean it out on the inside and redo the thermal paste.  Overheating would be a good guess. Blow out the dust, check fan clean, pull heatsink and clean (I found zippo lighter fluid works well for this) and repaste with some artic silver or other of your choice. Look up repaste of cpu/gpu on web.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

be aware on using silver based thermal paste, since you can create shortcuts if you drop it outside CPU/GPU chip.

i suggest you to use silicone based like Cooler Master High Performance Thermal Paste

I'm not an Acer employee.