A500 Internal storage missing

2»

FAQ & Answers

• 213007237213007237 Member Posts: 2
    What up Acer-Travis? You gonna help us out or what? Is Acer tweaking the patch, or are we on our own? Seems like the several of us lucky enough to stumble on this thread have similar troubles with the patch out now. (Took some serious googling to find this, so there are probably more poor blokes out there running out of memory right now with no idea why. As an Acer specific problem, there's little press.). Tablet is running like ***** with the memory full...processes stop and the browser stalls--have to reboot a lot. Been holding off wiping the tab hoping you get a working patch out soon. Hope you give us good news soon.

For Google: Acer Iconia A500 android low on space gps memory leak patch
  • Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Administrator Posts: 2,352 Community Administrator

I apologies for any issues you have experienced installing this patch. It seems as if the file posted for the A500, does generate an error. I am working on getting a new file posted, but it will be a few days before they are downloadable online. If you send me a private message with your email address, I will email you the file for the update. Please also check our download site, as the new patch should be posted shortly.

• smagliknsmaglikn Member Posts: 3

I received the updated file from Blayn after sending a personal email. It worked! I now have 9.3G of free space! After the update I at first thought I was having an issue with the automatic screen rotation. But after a reboot everything is just fine now. Thanks for your help, Blayn.

• RayRadleinRayRadlein Member Posts: 1

Any word on when the file in the Support Downloads section will be updated with a working version? My A500 is bricked currently, and I don't know if this might not be the problem (it was complaining about running out of space right before it died).