New laptop needs help!

Anthony008823
Anthony008823 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello. I'm hoping someone here can help me with a serious problem am having with my new laptop. My laptop is an Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-592G 52ED. Well basiclly I messed up and need help restoring my laptop back to working condition again. I had a look around Google but nothing relating to my problem at all but amazon sales on the same laptop I already have.

Problem:

When I got the laptop first thing I did was to start from scratch with a fresh install of Windows 10. One thing that drives me nuts with these tech companies is that they pre-load Windows and alot of there junky software on the system that I'm not gonna use at all that takes up space and slows the system over time. So I made a bootable usb with Windows 10 on it deleted the partitions so that I need a nice clean SSD and HDD. After the installation had finished I downloaded the drivers and the latest bios. The computer ask to reboot so I did and now am getting this annoying error "No Bootable Device". Can anyone help me would most grateful thanks.

Specs if it helps:

Intel Core i5 6300HQ Quad Core @ 2.30ghz

8GB RAM

1TB HDD + 128GB SSD

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 4GB

BIOS Ver. v1.12 (Latest version)

Anthony.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if the "no bootable device" happened after a BIOS update, check if BIOS is set to legacy and switch to UEFI.

if is set to UEFI and not booting, i suggest you to re-install windows 10 since you installed under legacy and for better safety and support, UEFI is the correct choice.

normally UEFI option is under BOOT menu.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Anthony008823

Hi IronFly I tried all night yesterday trying to get my laptop back the way it was. I was havinga stressfull night. Can someone send me over a iso that contains the original pre-installed Windows 10 Pro? The USB I have is Windows 10 Pro that I copied over from a geniune DVD but it keeps installing Home Edition and I dont have a product key for it. I've seen on Youtube when installing Windows 10 that you can selected which edition you want to install but my version just installs Home Edition every time and it's driving me nuts! I just want Pro Edition to install and I'll be happy. If anyone can help you'ed be a life saver! Right now I have Linux installed for the time being until I get this problem solved. I didnt know where else to ask but here. If theses one thing I've learned from this is never delete any partitions when buying a new computer.

• IronFly

you can download the iso file from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

the product key is embedded on BIOS, so you don't need to enter it each time, by the way, if it install windows 10 Home, the product key is for an Home version.

you can check it using Google and searching for your complete model, report is Windows 10 Home version

• Anthony008823

My laptop came pre installed with Windows 10 "PRO EDITION" which is what I want back on my laptop NOT HOME EDITION also my laptop has no DVD rom drive I can only install Windows by USB.

• IronFly

Sorry Anthony but in UK your laptop is listed with Windows Home.

http://www.intel.co.uk/buy/uk/en/product/laptops/acer-vn7-592g-156-inch-core-i5-6300hq-8gb-1tb--128gb-ssd-nvidia-gtx960m-4gb-windows-10-555139

https://www.box.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_V_Nitro_VN7-592G_1999995.html

About USB booting, the link i gave you will help you create a bootable USB flash drive.

• Anthony008823

I bought my laptop fron LaptopsDirect UK and it was sold to me with Windows 10 Pro installed guess am gonna have to get a new copy of Home Edition then. Sorry for me being so rude and apologize. It's just that I've had a stressfull 3 day period trying to get this laptop back to the way it was. Thanks for the help anyway.

• IronFly

Don't worry Anthony, it happens.

by the way, thanks to my friend Laurent_14, these are the official specs:
    https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2016/4876/VN7-592G/NH.G6JEK.002.html

you can also ask LaptopsDirectUK if they have some kind of "special" windows 10 license on your model, but i doubt.