Predator G9-791 giving BSOD twice giving the error: `` IRQL Not Less or Equal...

tal
tal Member Posts: 18 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have my drivers updated, but cpu is running kinda hot (60 to 70C on extreme) but it doesnt seems to be the problem, i get frequently disconnected with the killer network and it seems to be a issue....

i recently posted about this great product im just a little concerned.

any help?

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

download this tool, whocrashed:
    http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe

before running it, browse to C:\windows\minidump
    delete all files apart the first 2-3 files (newest)
    then install whocrashed and run it
    click on Analyze
    report here the result.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tal

hi here is the following report from this software:

On Sun 2/12/2017 10:10:33 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021217-9000-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC7 (0x8, 0x1, 0xFFFFB38458368F80, 0x940000000000)
    Error: TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This is issued if a kernel timer or delayed procedure call (DPC) is found somewhere in memory where it is not permitted.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2/12/2017 10:10:33 AM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC7 (0x8, 0x1, 0xFFFFB38458368F80, 0x940000000000)
    Error: TIMER_OR_DPC_INVALID
    Bug check description: This is issued if a kernel timer or delayed procedure call (DPC) is found somewhere in memory where it is not permitted.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 2/10/2017 10:43:29 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021017-8875-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFFF02089CD74C, 0xFF, 0x94, 0xFFFFFF02089CD74C)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

[edited to remove links]

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

ok, let's try updating killer drivers:

http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/1525-1535-1435bt-w10

can you please post your BIOS version too?

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/version string

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tal

Dear ironfly,

BIOS Version/Date Insyde V1.06, 11/4/2016

and i just updated my bluetooth killer driver.

and thank you very much for your help

i will report and mark as solution as quick as i see any further positive result

• tal

A little correction i have the g9-793 and not 791 (i mistyped my title sorry), anyway i did try to install the bios but i have the latest and the other one is for the 791 one, so till now not much more i could do.

Anyway its been 2 days and no BSOD till now, ill give it 3 more days to see if the problem will comeback, if it wont i will mark your help as solution i promise but in the meantime is there anything else i could do?

Thank you very much

regards.