Acer Aspire V5-552 Booting Problems

JBakerN7
JBakerN7 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Ok so Im new to these forums so hello to everybody here. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated to possibly help me solve this issue. So as mentioned I have an Acer Aspire V5-552 laptop. When I go to start it up, I see the Acer logo screen with the loading pinwheel. After a few minutes of being on this page, the pc crashes to a blue stop code screen. The stop code that this page gave me is: Unsummountable Boot Volume. So this page says " Your pc has encountered an error & needs to restart." So my laptop goes ahead & restarts, it comes back to the Acer logo screen & at the bottom says Preparing Automatic Repair. Now I know from here it's supposed to take me to another page to which I can reboot or restore from a previous point something along these lines. However after the Acer logo screen with Preparing Automatic Repair prompt the screen goes blank. The power is still on but the page is still blank & it does not do anything furthere from here.

I know that this problem most likely either has to do with my operating system(windows 10) being corrupted in some way or worst news being my hard drive is corrupted or failed. However if anybody could help me find out for sure or maybe even a possible fix, it would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows 10 recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:
    troubleshoot-advanced options- command prompt (if this works, go to point 4, if not point 1)

1. create a vanilla Windows 10 installation media from this link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 10 installation window, click on Repair your computer.

3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair.

4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.

chkdsk /r c:
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

What was the factory-installed Windows versions? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ