how to manually update Aspire laptop

babs4444
babs4444 Member Posts: 17 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Last auto update was 2016.  How do I do manual updates?  Ran update scan and it has run for an hour without results.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • babs4444

Thank you, I did a trouble shoot, and this is what came up:  Service registar missing and Problem initaling update complete.  When I did as asked, the update did not change from previous issue of checking for updates green bar just running forever.  The touble shoot was helpful as it did a sysytem restore ... seems like OfficeMax need to review it again.  They had it for over a month in November and did a complete cleanup ... I lost everything except what I had them save on a flash drive.  Maybe that is the reason for this issue.

• babs4444

Jorden, did you get my response?  

• JordanB

If the troubleshooter didn't automatically fix it, the only thing I would know to do is backup my important personal files and reset the PC to factory condition......and just start over.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AcerAmericaService/videos

Sometimes a virus will intentionally  break your Windows Update.  I guess you could scan for malware too.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-defender

I'm sorry but I'm out of ideas.  Others may have some more suggestions.

• babs4444

Good news, there are 169 updates since November that are now installing.  W0W you are a amazing. Got my fingers cross this will complete.  Appreciate your expert help.  I did have it factory reset in November. Thought that took care of malware that was found on it. Worked good till this week and I discovered no updates. Thanks again.

• JordanB

You're welcome.