How to restore factory drivers and settings for VN7-791G?

AMcShan1
AMcShan1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

relevant Specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @2.60GHz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M

So I've walked myself into a bit on a conundrum here. Yesterday I was having an issue with my windows 10 where it thought i had 5 displays connected there was just my laptop screen, so i uninstalled my Intel HD 4600 graphics driver as thats what i read would fix the solution. when I Rebooted I saw (only one recognized monitor, but) My screen was slightly scaled up, seeming excessively sluggish still to this point, and the only Graphics Display Driver was my Nvidia 960.

I eventually found what should be my intel graphics driver in the "Others" section in Device Manager although it said that it was named Video Controller (VGA Compatible) and unknown specs and manufactur information. When i attempted to re-install the driver from acer's spport and drivers, it failed to install and the "other" driver itself has a "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)" message. I've reinstalled chipset drivers, tried generic drivers from intel, and uninstalled my nvidia 960 driver completly thinking that i needed to install intel then put my nvidia back on top. All of this to no avail. (I have however reinstalled my Nvidia but screen issues persist). Even when i tried a windows "Reset and keep files" I get an error telling me that the reset couldnt complete.

So currently I'm at the point of wanting to back up any important files to a passport and if at all possible, reset my computer completely to the standard settings and drivers that shipped in the box. Is there any way to do this or do i need to keep trying?

Best Answer

Answers