Ask your question here...why is my aspire ES-15 computer so slow

Likeya
Likeya Member Posts: 1 New User

my new aspire es -15 is so slow I can use it to do anything

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

In order for the Community to assist you please provide details of the problem. You say it is a new computer; what exactly are you trying to do that is so slow? Are you getting any errors? Please provide details so the Community can better assist you.

• mmoneill
    mmoneill Member Posts: 2 New User
    My Acer Chromebook 15 has always been very slow, so much I stopped using it. Like to return to it, but what is wrong? Slow doing everything; enail, Facebook & games. This is what I use it for.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @mmoneill

I guess you got what you pay for, that is why Chromebooks are cheaper. Whenever I see Pentium or Celeron as the CPU, I'll always associate that with a slow machine, even EMMC being used. For about USD $400 (including US state sales tax), you can get an Aspire 5 A515-46-R14K with rather advanced technologies ( M.2 NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, 1080p IPS display, finger print reader...etc.), though may need some upgrades for serious usages. The minimum, standard configuration is already good enough for movie streaming. 

Just got one last month and love it

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @mmoneill

Do you have enough memory with your Chromebook? I believe a Chromebook will still be good enough for E-mail and pay bills that kind of things. Using it for games is another matter.

If the Chromebook hitting the memory limit, then everything is slow.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi mmoneill,

Did you update the OS of chromebook.